Me and Meatloaf
It’s just me and Meatloaf. He goes with me wherever I go. We’ve been roommates for the last three years. Meatloaf was a rescue cat. And ‘Yes’… I did crochet both of our scarves.
My mother’s go-to relaxation skill was crocheting. She and I would work on projects together while waiting for my father to get off stage. He was a stuntman for Universal Studios.
I am still very ‘crafty’ because of my mother’s influences. I suspect that I got into body -sculpting building because of my dad.
I have been to all fifty states in the United States and every U.S. territory. I have also traveled to 112 different countries.
I am employed by the U.S. Marines as a consultant. Much of my work is classified, so I will not be a huge fan of “Honey, how was your day?”
My job has many perks; one of them is the ability to travel- a lot! As a military consultant, my flights are hassle-free and Meatloaf and accompany me… no questions asked. (In case you were wondering.)
Five things I enjoy:
- Classical Music (especially Mozart, Vivaldi, and Tchaikovsky)
- Movies: Gladiator, The Patriot, Top Gun, National Treasure, Raiders of the Lost Ark (series), Shrek (series), Braveheart, and The Batman (series). My tastes depend on my mood and the company. Meatloaf enjoyed the gamut- as long as there are treats.
- Sunrises on the beach
- Daily taekwondo training and surfing or swimming
- Trying the fine cuisine from the places that I visit (especially pancakes!)
- Fast cars (my Achilles heel)
Yes, I know that is SIX. I am also a (modest) overachiever.
If I sound interesting, swipe me.
Written for Writer’s Digest Flash Fiction February Challenges: Challenge #18 Today’s prompt is to write someone’s online dating profile.