SHARE YOUR WORLD: 1-20-20
- Where do you get your news?
- What ‘old person’ thing do you do?
- When was the coldest you’ve ever been? The warmest?
- Do you eat food that’s past its expiration date if it still smells and looks fine?
Where do you get your news?
The news ain’t what it used to be… Waking up in the morning and enjoying a grand breakfast means it’s going to be a good day.
What ‘old person’ thing do you do?
I wasn’t sure what ‘old people’ things were, so I had to google: OLD PEOPLE HABITS
From the Top Ten, I was guilty of FOUR! (FYI: I have been doing those four my entire life- NOT ‘old people things’!
- Leave a voicemail– NOPE! If you don’t answer, then you’re busy. So am I.
- Eat dinner at 5:00 pm- ALWAYS. Then there is time for another meal around 9:00 pm.
- Wear a jacket even if it’s not cold. – NOPE! What’s a jacket?
- Take pictures of people and things besides themselves. – Yes! Of, Course. What kind of conceited snob fills their blogs up with selfies? (Pretend I’m not talking about you?)
- Obsess about the weather– Yes. I don’t drive in the snow. Snow is for play time!
- Go on a cruise– NOPE! Can’t swim… Don’t want to.
- Drink tea– Who in their right mind would have tea over other, far more palpable, drinks!
- Use Facebook– NOPE.
- Ignore the GPS– I already know where I’m going and how to get there. It’s just two lanes down from the big red barn. Turn left, and in fourteen mailboxes, you are there. Easy… Peasy.
- Play BINGO. NO. Noo. Nooo! Maybe Monopoly, or RISK, or PHASE ONE. Maybe even put a puzzle together. People cheat at BINGO!
When was the coldest you’ve ever been? The warmest?
I have no idea what the extremes in temperature fluctuations I have had to endure in my young life. As a youth, it was a game. The ‘loser” went inside first. I don’t know what the winning ‘degree variants’ happened to me. (FYI: On one camping trip, the temperatures dropped going to the site. We decided it would be fun to see ‘who was the man’. We took off our shirts and cut the air conditioner on high. We had to stop to de-ice the windshield on the inside twice. I won! There was no prize except for the satisfaction of personal power. Of course, maybe that was really a dream and I am not that shallow?)
Do you eat food that’s past its expiration date if it still smells and looks fine?
No…Noo…Nooo…Noooo! I have to rely on the knowledge of others for ALL food stuffs. While in college, I had the privilege of breaking my nose twice. Then during my first two years teaching, I broke it three more times. (Two times within the same month!)
I can’t smell. (Well, not actually true. I can smell pleasant and yuck. But once I have the initial odor, I have no idea what the smell is I have noticed… Is it a good smell? Is in nasty? I am not one to be trusted with identifying the odor!!)
Written for Share Your World 1-20-2020.