THAT’S JUST POINTLESS
I love idioms.
Here are a few to describe what it is like to do a pointless activity:
- It’s just pissing in the wind.
- It’s like trying to herd cats.
- You’re running around like a dog chasing its tail.
- You’re running around like a chicken with its head chopped off.
- I think you are on a wild goose chase.
- It’s like talking to a brick wall.
- You’re just spinning your wheels.
- Your work is all window dressing.
- It’s like trying to push a rope.
- You’re definitely barking up the wrong tree.
- You’re on a fool’s errand.
- You’re just beating your head against the wall.
- It’s water off a duck’s back.
- That’s like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted
- It’s like trying to squeeze blood from a turnip.
- It’s like flogging a dead horse.
Written for DAILY ADDICTIONS: POINTLESS. I have been having problems finding something of meaning to create an answer for the prompts this year. So I decided to strengthen and tighten my focus. My chosen topics are as follows: (Monday) Life in Retirement; (Tuesday) Hobbies: Archaeology and Astronomy; (Wednesday) Fitness; (Thursday) Chores; (Friday) Writing; (Saturday) Hobbies: Music and Photography; and (Sunday) Hobbies: Gardening and Birdwatching.