Fitness… I am NOT the expert, but there are a few facts upon which I can claim almost certainty:
- Eat More… Gain Weight
- Eat Less… Lose Weight.
- Exercise More… Lose Weight.
- Only Watch TV (while enjoying Mountain Dew and Gibbles Chips and Dip)… Gain Weight.
(Yes, I know it is not ‘how much’ you eat it is WHAT you eat in those quantities.)
So some assumptions to make for the month of April to fight ***** …. Let’s not even allow ourselves to speak the word.
Water… Water… Water…
- Keep water available throughout the day.
- Since I seem to travel from the front of the house to the back of the house, maybe I should position a grand glass of water (or tea) at both places.
- When traveling for hiking or baseball games… include water as a tag-a-long friend.
Cooking at Home
- Continue to collect quick and easy meals that are winners that are enjoyable to both fix and consume.
- Have breakfasts planned (and maybe even set out) for each morning.
- Have salads ready for the evening meal
- Plan ahead for ONE BONUS REWARD meal for each week.
Walking the Trails
- There are walking trails and hiking trails all around.
- Plan for at least TWO walks a week and ONE scenic hike.
- Check the weather (ahead of time) so that you can somewhat depend on your evening hike being a winner!
- Go to bed at nearly the same time each night.
- Awaken at the same time each morning.
- Allow ONE Netflix or Amazon movie as you chore movie for the day.
- Allow ONE TV event for each evening.
- THAT IS ALL!
- Become best friends with the alarm clock… just like every working-man.
Written for The Daily Post: Quartet I have been having problems finding something of meaning to create an answer for the prompts this year. So I decided to strengthen and tighten my focus. My chosen topics are as follows: (Monday) Life in Retirement; (Tuesday) Hobbies: Archaeology and Astronomy; (Wednesday) Fitness; (Thursday) Chores; (Friday) Writing; (Saturday) Hobbies: Music and Photography; and (Sunday) Hobbies: Gardening and Birdwatching.