Share Your World
March 27, 2017
- Does your first or middle name have any significance (or were you named after another family member)?
- Music or silence while working?
- If you had a special place for your three most special possessions (not including photos, electronics, people or animals), what would they be?
- The Never List: What are things you know you never will do?
Does your first or middle name have any significance (or were you named after another family member)?
My first name was selected because my mother wanted a name that no one in our family had EVER been named. She also wanted a name that could not have a nickname.
Mom was successful with the first… Roger. She was not very successful with the second… I have been know as Hollywood (I loved sunglasses ALL the time.), Canary Legs (Very skinny legs as a teen, but I could fly.), and Lee (my middle name).
Music or silence while working?
- If I am doing chores, I love music!
- If I am writing, I like the silence.
- If I am studying, I am compelled to listen to classical music or big band/ swing/ jazz.
If you had a special place for your three most special possessions (not including photos, electronics, people or animals), what would they be?
I am not sure what I would classify as my three most special possessions would be at this point in time. If I went all mushy, I am sure they would have to do with family. But, with family, I have little as far as tokens of remembrance. I have many vivid memories, but not the kind of things one would put on a shelf.
If I said one of my most special possessions happened to be my computer… I would be seen as very geeky and very impersonal. I don’t think that those to words fit me, so I will stay away from the computer.
If I said that my most special possession was my twelve-string guitar. Friends would ask me, “If it so special to you, why are you never playing it?”
So…. I will leave this question unanswered.
The Never List: What are things you know you never will do?
- Bungee Jumping
(When I was a college student, I would have loved to bungee! Now, I either have more sense…OR I am afraid that I would be safe on the way down, but on the way back up I would be hit in the face and smothered by my belly.)
- Explore “unexplored caves”
(As a kid, we had a cave in my grandfather’s back yard! Awesome! Now, I would want to explore cavern openings that I might not be able to turn around and get out of?)
(I can’t swim. So this category would include a lot of things.)
- Crowding Surfing at a Concert
(I still love concerts. Sometimes, the louder the better. But thanks just the same, I like my feet on the ground… and I am choosy about who touches my butt.)
- Breaking a board with my head.
(Even at my age, I would love to master karate. But there are limits.)
Written for Share Your World: March 27, 2017. Requirements: Answer the four questions.