I would like to give a hearty welcome to all flash fiction aficionados. Welcome to the new Flash Fiction for the Purposeful Practitioner Home Site.
Flash Fiction for the Purposeful Practitioner is a weekly writing challenge designed for both the flash fiction newbie and the more experienced writer. It is the desire of this challenge to allow writers the opportunity to clear the cobwebs from a more tedious and involved project. Becoming a part of a new and growing writer’s community might be just what the doctor ordered to rejuvenate your writing juices.
Your Photo Prompt for Week #05 – 2017
The challenge for Flash Fiction for the Purposeful Practitioner will open early Thursday morning, January 26th. Allow the prompt to take you anywhere you want to go! (Limit your stories to 200 words.)
This challenge is open until 11:00 pm Wednesday night, February 1st, 2017.
Click on the Blue Frog to share your story with our community.
The Six Easy Guidelines
- A photo prompt topic is to be used as your ‘muse’. They will arrive promptly at midnight each Thursday morning.
- Include the photo prompt and its credits with your story on your blog.
- All stories are to be crafted and honed to under 200 words in length.
- Each flash fiction piece should have a clear beginning, middle, and end. No serial stories. It is harder to stay abreast of a serial story. (Please keep content PG-13.)
- Post your flash fiction response by clicking on THE BLUE FROG. Follow the given directions.
- It is the desire of this blog to begin a new writing community. Plan a day to visit the writings of our challengers to enjoy our creations and to provide a little positive feedback.
Thank you for your participation. I look forward to reading each of your stories. Please remember to check back and follow the journeys of our fellow writers. Kind comments are always appreciated.
Aunt Freda’s Fresh Fish for Breakfast
“I’ve got the poles hidden in the trunk.”
“Did Dad see you?”
“Nope. The tackle is layered down the hole with the spare.”
“Good thinking. Now to convince Aunt Freda and Uncle Mitch to take our folks to that Chinese restaurant again and we can have a go at them.”
“Why do’ya think Aunt Freda laughed so hard when we told her that she had the best fishin’ hole of all our relatives? Those fish were huge compared to Uncle George’s pond.”
“Don’t know. But boy will she be surprised tomorrow morning. Toast, eggs, and fresh fish waiting for breakfast.”
IMPORTANT NOTE: This was a late entry. Thanks to all the community that participated in a timely manner. Your are greatly appreciated!
Written for Flash Fiction for the Purposeful Practitioner: Week #05 – 2017. Requirements: Using the photo prompt provided, create a 200 word (or less) flash fiction story.