Share Your World
January 30, 2017
- What is the most incredible natural venue that you’ve ever seen in person?
- How many siblings do you have? What’s your birth order?
- If you were a shoe, what kind would you be and why?
- What is the strangest/weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
What is the most incredible natural venue that you’ve ever seen in person?
There are so many places and things I have not seen. My most incredible venue, that I have experienced personally, would have to be a beautiful sunset, an autumn-leafed mountain from an overlook, or a roaring campfire under the stars.
How many siblings do you have? What’s your birth order?
My folks assisted in raising many kids. I am their oldest spawn. There are many older and many younger.
If you were a shoe, what kind would you be and why?
Definitely not a dress shoe. Possibly a tennis shoe. Life as a sandal would not be bad.
But I am a lover of going barefoot!
Nothing better than walking through the freshly mowed grass without shoes!
What is the strangest/weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
- Escamoles- ant eggs from a venomous ant (Mexico)
- Shirako- sperm sacs from cod, angler fish, or puffer fish (Japan)
- Tuna Eyes- eyes from a tuna (Japan)
- Balut- fertilized duck eggs (Philippines)
- Tarantulas- crispy when fried (Cambodia)
- Gaeng Kai Mot Daeng- white ant soup (Laos)
- Jellied Moose Nose- boiled with onions and spices (Canada)
- Boshintang- a soup of onions, dandelions, spices and dog (Korea)
- Huitlacoche- corn kernels covered with a fungus (Mexico)
- Airag- moose milk fermented (Mongolia)
- Casu marzu- a cheese complete with cheese flies (Italy)
- Muktuk- frozen whale skin and blubber (Greenland)
- Hakarl- shark jerky (Iceland)
- Century Egg- eggs covered in clay, ash, and salt for months and then eaten (China)
- Salo- smoked slices of fat on rye bread (Ukraine)
- Stargazey Pie- a pie complete with several fish as a filling (England)
- Locusts- just like is says (Isreal)
Nope! I have not tried any of these delectables.
But then, I am not an adventurous eater. I have not eaten these foods either.
But I have had…
- Rabbit Stew
- Barbecued Squirrel
- Groundhog Pot Pie
Written for Share Your World- January 30, 2017. Requirements: Answer the four questions.