There are not infinite moments in a day.
You need to make the most of the time you have.
Here are a few simple ways that you may find helpful to allow your day to be both more successful and more fulfilling.
- Get up at the same time every morning. Routines are important. (If you want a cat nap later- steal some time. Reward yourself!)
- Control the foods that you consume in your personal gas tank. You are what you eat. There is nothing wrong with taking privileges for a task well done…or even a special craving… once in awhile.
- Get your heart rate up and give yourself a little sweat. It’ll do you good! (Remember, you are not 18 any longer, so don’t think you can act like it on the basketball or tennis courts.)
- Plan your day. What is the one BIG thing that needs to be accomplished?
- Go to bed at a regular time. Here again- ROUTINE. Your body will like it.
- Find your passion and participate in it regularly. I try to find time for some time for something just for me at least once a week. (Actually, I try to find time once-a-day… but I don’t always make that one!)
- Spent time with a friend. Actual contact! Not an email. If they don’t live near you, a phone call will work.
- Make someone else’s life better. DO THIS ON PURPOSE. This is not part of your job!
- Find the time daily to find yourself. (You decide with this means to you.) For me, it could mean devotionals, a good book, a quick pick-up of my house so that the morning is a fresh start, or a combination of these things.
- Make a plan for tomorrow. Before you go to bed- reflect…assess…and set a goal.
Written for The Daily Post: January 9, 2017. Infinite