Many say fifty is the new thirty-five or forty. But to me, fifty is fifty…It’s just a number.
Age is a figment of one’s mind.
The most important rule that I have learned about life, I have learned through helping my students overcome obstacles… CELEBRATE!
RULES TO LIVE BY
RULE # 1: Find something to celebrate every day.
RULE #2. Always obey Rule #1!
As I was thinking about what is different in my life not a 50+++… compared to 25, I ruminated on these ten things:
- Senior citizen discounts exist.
- Afternoon naps are fun again.
- You are better at setting goals worthy of your time.
- You are learning to make the time for the things that are truly important to you.
- Nature walks are actually enjoyable.
- Working up a sweat comes easily.
- Music allows memories to resonate.
- Hobbies can become passions and passions can become life’s rewards
- Finding yourself has been done.
- You finally are beginning to know what you want to do when you grow up.
NOTE TO SELF: You have passed 50 several years ago. But if you want 50+ more, there are a few good habits that you had better develop a passion for doing.
Written for The Daily Post: The Art of Blogging. Fifty