Second Time Around
Tell us about a book you can read again and again without getting bored — what is it that speaks to you?
I love to fall in love with a distant world… To travel there… To learn its customs… To befriend it peoples.
For that to happen, I need a series- at least a trilogy. I cannot sit and reread a trilogy every year. Bu give me a 10-15 year waiting period, and I can fall for the new and mystical world as if it were my first read!
Here is a listing of some of the worlds that I have fallen for:
- The World of Pern… Anne McCaffrey
- John Jakes… The Kent Family Chronicles
- J.R.R. Tolkien…The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit
- Terry Pratchett…. Discworld
- Robin Hobb… The Farseer
- Terry Goodkind… The Sword of Truth
- Lev Grossman … The Magicians
- Brian Jacques … Redwall
- Terry Brooks…. The Sword of Shannara
- Isaac Asimov …. Foundations
- Frank Herbert … Dune
- I am sure that there are more!
Written for The Daily Post: February 5, 2106. Second Time Around