Pour Some Sugar on Me
What is your favorite sweet thing to eat? Bread pudding? Chocolate chip oatmeal cookies? A smooth and creamy piece of cheesecake? Tell us all about the anticipation and delight of eating your favorite dessert. Not into sweets? Tell us all about your weakness for that certain salty snack.
Wow! Do I have a recipe that I over to make for over the holidays.
It is a conglomeration of ‘trail mixes’ that I have liked and that I have then combined into one.
I begin with the ORIGINAL CHEX PARTY MIX recipe and move on from there.
You fix it in the microwave. It is really fast…. And really great!
- ¼ cup of butter
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoon of seasoned salt (I go a little heavy on the spoon)
- 4 and ½ teaspoon of Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 cups of Chex Corn
- 2 cups of Chex Rice
- 2 cups of BUGLES
- 2 cups of peanuts
- 1 cup of small pretzels
- (You will add 1 cup – I do a cup and a half – of M&Ms AFTER the mix is taken from the microwave.)
Place all the ‘uncooked’ ingredients in a large microwave bowl.
This is the CHEX and BUGLES and Pretzels and Peanuts.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter … add seasoned salt and Worcestershire sauce and mix well!
- Pour melted mixture over CHEX (plus) mixture and stir.
- Put large bowl in microwave for SIX MINUTES. I stop the microwave and stir at minute ONE, THREE, and FIVE. At the beep of minute six… the bowl is very hot!
- Remove the bowl from the microwave CAREFULLY!
- Pour in M&Ms and stir!
- Pour mixture on absorbent paper to cool.
- Seal in airtight containers.
(Sometimes I add mixed nuts or CHEESE-IT square crackers. If you add something, you take something. It’s the mix and match game.)
I usually make about three batches of this stuff! I do this TWICE over the holidays. There is not usually anything left by January 3rd???
Written for The Daily Post. December 8, 2015. Pour Some Sugar on Me