Tell us about a favorite character from film, theater, or literature, with whom you’d like to have a heart-to-heart. What would you talk about?
This is a questions that I have been asked to write about several times. I have tried hard to pick a different literary character for each blog request. Sometimes, because of the deeply entrenched desire to create another small truth about myself… Sometimes because I have found myself in a different place and time with different desires in life.
I think that if I could have a heart-to-heart with any fictional character today, I would choose the comic book/ movie hero BATMAN.
I would ask Bruce (Since we are pretending, I might was well have a first name relationship with the crime fighter!) the following questions”
- Do you still have nightmares about the night that your family were murdered?
- What is your definition of “family”?
- How has your past dictated your decisions about your future?
- Which character is the true reflection of who you really are in your heart? Bruce Wayne? Or Batman?
- How are the actions that you take “outside of the law” being for the good any different from the actions the criminals take “outside of the law”?
- What true passions in life would you be pursuing if you were not a secret crime-fighter?
Written for The Daily Post: November 20, 2015.