Night and Day
Have you ever had an experience that was amazing the first time, but terrible the second time around? Or vice versa? What made it different the second time?
This happens to me often! Usually in the kitchen.
Usually when I first try to cook a particular meal for the very first time, it turns out wonderful! I fall in love with the recipe and I am ever so proud of myself and my achievement. Then, I have a friend over and try the same meal… DISASTER!
The reasons for the disaster are multiple!
- Often, I cannot find the exact recipe.
- The ingredients that I was soooo careful at purchasing are not the same brands.
- The recipe says beat twenty times… I lose count?
- We get involved in conversation and some of the times that I had been previously so careful to adhere to keeping are not kept.
I really do not know what happens.
I have a few favorites that I now share with friends.
- Burger and fries
- Spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread
- Scrambled eggs and bacon
- Pork chops and peas
But cooking the new things… I only do for myself and when I can concentrate on being a chef in a kitchen. I do not juggle activities well… if one of them is culinary.
In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “Night and Day.”