It’s a Text, Text, Text, Text World
How do you communicate differently online than in person, if at all? How do you communicate emotion and intent in a purely written medium?
- How much do I hate texting?
- Let me count the ways.
- I want to hear your voice,
- That’s what “talking to you” is all about!
- My fingers were not made for that little keyboard.
- How do people do that… AND drive?
- Having a conversation of one-liners is no way to truly express oneself.
- People have (or they should have) more to say on a topic than a one-and-done, then it’s the other person’s turn.
- Why do I want to be “buzzed” all the time with a one sentence conversation during a movie or a ballgame?
- I have a life I want to live… WITHOUT one-liner interruptions from “the unseen forces”.
- I think texting has added to the superficial- invalidating- relationships that people are now expecting as “real” in today’s world. Facebook, too. These are “Friendship Fantasylands”.
- You can be ‘a pretend somebody’ and develop all of the feelings of relationship… yet the true value of having a relationship is null and void because that people is only a façade of a persona,,, a shadow creature.
- The skill-set of developing friendships for many people is becoming obsolete. They really are ‘closer’ to their imaginary friends than anyone one friend in the flesh. You know how that works out for five-year-olds!
So Grow Up. … … … Get off the life-extracting text-mobile…. … …Allow yourself true friendships!
(Yes,, I have thought about this before…)
In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “It’s a Text, Text, Text, Text World.”