HERE ARE THE FOUR QUESTIONS
FROM THIS WEEK’S
SHARE YOUR WORLD
- What was your favorite subject in school?
- “Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away” (George Carlin). When have you had such a moment?
- What’s your choice: jigsaw, crossword, or numeric puzzles?
- If you found an obviously abandoned car with $50,000 in the back seat, what would you do?
What was your favorite subject in school?
I’m a teacher by trade. I was blessed to be a teacher of the old school. I am certified to teach ALL SUBJECTS from the 4th grade to the 7th grade: Reading, Writing, Grammar, Computer Technology, Social Studies, Science, Journalism, Archaeology, Physical Education, Chorus, Art Education, Health, and I have even coached baseball and basketball. My life has been truly blessed with an wide array of opportunities. My ‘favorite’ has changed over the years. When I began as a teacher, my favorite subject to teach was United States History. Later, my favorite became American Literature. A few years into teaching I greatly enjoyed the many aspects of coaching. For a time, all my lessons were driven by the Fine Arts: Music Composition and Art Education. Now, my favorite subject to teach is Language Arts with a concentration on Creative Writing. I suspect, this is where the ever-circulating changes will culminate and end.
“Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away” (George Carlin). When have you had such a moment?
Moments that have taken my breath away:
- An early morning sunrise on a mountain top
- A quiet walk on the beach to watch a sunset
- A grand-slam homerun by your home team
- Making the winning shot in an overtime basketball game
- Four service aces in a round of tennis
- A standing ovation with your loved-ones in the crowd
- Her saying “YES” when I proposed
- Your youngest saying “I’ll miss you” as they go off to college
- Hearing Louie Armstrong sing “What a Wonderful World”
- Talking to God and seeing Him answer
- Holding a god-son for the first time
- My mother’s last kiss
What’s your choice: jigsaw, crossword, or numeric puzzles?
- Five to Eleven: A jigsaw puzzle under the Christmas tree
- Twelve to Completing College: A great crossword puzzle
- Now…. Sudoku!!!
If you found an obviously abandoned car with $50,000 in the back seat, what would you do?
I truly hope that the car was on the abandoned lot that my relative owns- one of an uncle’s old clunkers…. Then it would be ALL MINE!
If I were to find it elsewhere, my conscious would ‘possibly’ bother me and I would have to seek the help of the authorities…. Oh, how I hope the cash is in my uncle’s salvage yard!
Written for Share Your World: Week #13. Requirements: Answer the four questions.